没有账号?
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
楼主: Jinbo

《BeBeyond Alumni友情在线问答》:西北大学商学院 host by Lynn [复制链接]

发表于 2007-11-12 14:40:33 |显示全部楼层

RE: 《BeBeyond Alumni友情在线问答》:西北大学商学院 host by Lynn

Lynn,
I like your interview tips very much. Thanks for sharing and it is really inspirational!

发表于 2007-11-13 21:12:42 |显示全部楼层

Thank you Lynn for sharing. Apparently you have given lots of thoughts to it.

发表于 2007-11-14 09:58:43 |显示全部楼层

Hi, Lynn,

Long time no see. Winter is coming. How is life at Kellogg? Share more with us?!

Sparkles

发表于 2007-11-14 10:27:00 |显示全部楼层

Thank you, Lynn.

发表于 2007-11-19 11:11:05 |显示全部楼层

Dear Lynn, this is Maggie from m0107. We met in Shanghai, with Laura, Summer, weizi, jinbo and a few of your 06 teammates during the gathering before your leave. Thank you so much for hosting such a discussion!

One question from me:
I will apply Kellogg for the 2nd round. But heard one should register much earlier to book the interview. And recently heard that interview already begin to waive for the current application though 2nd round deadline is not finished yet. So I'll apply on line ASAP these days, but what if I can not book interview now? Meaning I will have fewer chances?

Thanks a lot!

发表于 2007-11-19 11:17:39 |显示全部楼层

Dear Lynn, just check on Kellogg's website and found on the FAQ.

Do you have any input to add? It seems that if i can't book an off site interview, i should always ask for a phone interview, right? Though the personal interview should be better to present oneself.  

FAQ: I received an email informing me that my interview was waived. What does this mean, and am I at a disadvantage?

There are times when interviews are waived due to unusually heavy demand or remote location. Interview waivers have no bearing on admission decisions. They are based purely on geographic availability of alumni interviewers. If we feel an interview would be helpful in further assessing a candidate or would significantly aid in rendering a decision, we will contact the applicant to schedule a telephone interview. Applicants may not request a telephone interview; we will invite waived candidates for telephone interviewers throughout each application round. Many of our admitted students initially received an interview waiver and were subsequently contacted for a telephone interview.

发表于 2007-11-19 13:58:30 |显示全部楼层

Maggie, the whole Northwestern is on holiday till next Monday. I will try to get more accurate information about interview waiver from adcom and update you later. My personal suggestion is to submit your Part I as soon as you can. I don't think adcom has already handled the 2nd round applications now. For last year, they started to arrange 2nd round interview right after deadline. I will contact the alumni club presidents in China to help get more alumni signed for conducting interview. Hope it can help.

发表于 2007-12-20 18:33:18 |显示全部楼层
Lynn, hello, I am Michael from m0707

I am currently applying to Kellogg. I am interested in working in the food and service industry, does anybody have similar goals as I do in Kellogg?
From my research, there has been less than 1% of graduates working in the food and service industry upon graduatino for the past ten years, which I find most suprising since the McDonald's headquarters is close by. Does this mean Kellogg has less prefrence for people who wants to work in the food and service indsutry? Does McDonald's come to Kellogg for recruit?

What is the ratio of Canadian students in Kellogg? I am a Canadian Citizen.

Thank you for your time :)

[ 本帖最后由 mchiang8 于 2007-12-20 18:34 编辑 ]

发表于 2007-12-23 15:06:21 |显示全部楼层
Just dig myself out of a lot of networking stuff. Sorry for my late reply!

Mchiang, there is a 1st year Chinese student at Kellogg from food related company. She was from global sourcing function. I am not sure what your meaning about food and service industry is. The franchise food chain shops or Consumer Product Goods? If it belongs to CPG, I think no other school is better than Kellogg. My reasons are: 1. Kellogg has unparalleled marketing strength; 2. Kellogg's strong tie with General Mill and Kraft ect.; 3. Kellogg is also the name of a famous CPG brand, hehe.

As for Canadian students, I am not sure the percentage. In my section, there are four from Canada while only me from China. However, I doubt the adcom will consider you as a Canadian if most your education and working experience is in China.

发表于 2007-12-24 21:36:28 |显示全部楼层
Thank you Lynn. I was talking about franchise food chain shops, not the CPG. Have you seen any McDonald's, YUM recruiters in Kellogg? Or have you meet any students who worked in the fast food industry?

As for the canadian issue, I have studied in Canada for 11 years, 4 years in Taiwan, and 5 years in China. Don't really know how they will look at me :)

[ 本帖最后由 mchiang8 于 2007-12-24 21:39 编辑 ]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 没有账号?

Archiver|手机版|BeBeyond:求职|留学|MBA

GMT+8, 2018-7-16 14:30 , Processed in 0.038422 second(s), 8 queries .