没有账号?
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
楼主: Jinbo

《BeBeyond Alumni友情在线问答》:西北大学商学院 host by Lynn [复制链接]

发表于 2008-1-5 16:13:41 |显示全部楼层
Hello Lynn,

Happy New Year!!

Here are two questions related to the major selection in Kellogg.

1. Is it possible to select dual majors besides the core curriculum?

2. For electives selection, do the students select the electives by auction or any other approaches?

Eagerly look forward to your reply and tons of thanks

Steven from 0307

发表于 2008-1-6 04:19:47 |显示全部楼层
Steven,

1. Yes. You can select as many majors as you can handle at Kellogg.
2. Yes, by bidding. You can choose the courses and the professors you like.

发表于 2008-1-6 04:26:06 |显示全部楼层
To Michael

I just found at Kellogg's Career Managment Center's website that McDonald is recruiting internship. To be specific, it's McDonald's Corporation Global Marketing MBA Internship.

[ 本帖最后由 lynn 于 2008-1-6 04:29 编辑 ]

发表于 2008-1-6 17:03:03 |显示全部楼层
Hi Lynn,

A question: what's the difference between AMP and LEAP for a student in marketing concentration? It seems that both of these projects help students to apply thoeries in real situation.

thanks

发表于 2008-1-6 19:51:19 |显示全部楼层
Lynn,

Greatly thanks! That's helpful and so in time!!!!

发表于 2008-1-9 13:34:01 |显示全部楼层
Hi, Lynn

Nice to meet you during Winter Session.

Yesterday I got the updates from Kellogg, I am waitlisted. I saw a lot of people waitlisted from BW forum. And it is said that international students are difficult to get down from the list. However, I will keep sending more essays & updates to the admission office, maybe make some phone calls. Any particular topics you will recommend or some other suggestions? And any plus if I take a trip to Kellogg?

Thanks in advance.
谁了解生存往往比命运还残酷
只是没有人愿意认输

发表于 2008-1-22 00:10:43 |显示全部楼层

Some questions

Lynn,
I have decided to come to Kellogg and am very pleased to be able to meet you soon! Some questions (maybe you can give me your email as some questions are too specific?)

1. Did you get an American citizen to be your loan co-signor? What to do if I do not have a relative in the USA?

2. Housing: do you recommend living on campus or off campus? I heard many students rent houses outside. Can you let me know how I can find a place near the school (around $800-1000 / month)?

3. When did you start preparing VISA? As I am a PRC passport holder, is it easy to get a visa to travel to other countries (i.e. KWEST)?

Thanks!:)

James

发表于 2008-1-22 12:34:36 |显示全部楼层

回复 36# 的帖子

I am sorry, Winkey. I did not see your post unitl now. I can understand your feeling of being waitlisted. Again , I feel sorry for replying you so late.

To be frank, I do not have clear idea to help your situation. But, if I were you, I would try to convince the school that I really want it since it was the one so critial for my aspiration. Anyway, I don't think visiting school on purpose will help a lot since you might not meet the key people to show your passion and commitment to the school.

发表于 2008-1-22 12:37:40 |显示全部楼层
Cong! James.

Please check the message. I've sent my contact to you. If it is okay for you, could we talk about the details several weeks later. It is the crazy time for 1st year at business school now. I have 10 more interviews to handle in this week and the next.

发表于 2008-1-22 13:23:21 |显示全部楼层
Hi Lynn,

Nice to meet you here on the forum. And I really see that you are one of the most dedicated BBY-ers to help us out..Really appreciate your efforts.

I applied Kellogg this year as well, and I just received one email from Kellogg AO that my interview is waived due to increasing number of applicants in China. Although in the mail AO emphasizes that this will not impact the overall evaluation of the application packages, I wonder from your side whether it does have some implications, say, those not so qualified for Kellogg..

Also I plan to write an email to AO to try my luck for an interview. What do you think should I emphasize in the mail?

Thank you very much! Take care of yourself!

Jason
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 没有账号?

Archiver|手机版|BeBeyond:求职|留学|MBA

GMT+8, 2018-7-16 14:28 , Processed in 0.134934 second(s), 8 queries .