找回密码
 没有账号?
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
楼主: Jinbo

《BeBeyond Alumni友情在线问答》:芝加哥商学院 host by Qiqi [复制链接]

发表于 2008-4-20 10:00:26 |显示全部楼层

oh...man

Surprised to see your post here... Seems that I should come here more offen from now on, haha.

发表于 2008-4-25 17:04:28 |显示全部楼层
Hello,Dick.
Thanks a lot for sharing  such exciting stories!
I am a MT of Nestle,which is the world's best food company and the
largest FMCG company.
I have been interested in B-school of Chicago for two years,since I was a junior student of BA  degree.
Therefore,I wonder whether my FMCG background is suitable to apply for Chicago?
I plan not to switch to the finacial industry or something else.
Just want to back to FMCG,if I finish my MBA study.
Thank you for your attetion.

[ 本帖最后由 superjenny 于 2008-4-25 17:34 编辑 ]

发表于 2008-4-27 13:37:20 |显示全部楼层
Jenny,

Thanks for your question. Actually many people here are of corporate background and go to corporate after their MBA. This year we have Chinese students go to Apple, Pfizer and Dow Chemical. And I also know a prospective student from P&G will join GSB this year. But honestly, there are more people of corporate background in Kellogg than they are in GSB.

So how a study at GSB will benefit you and help you succeed in your career goal? GSB is strong in economics, accounting, finance, probably best one or two in U.S. There are very good professors (renowned in U.S.) at marketing, general management and entrepreneurships too. The flexible curriculum will help you to learn well rounded and I think it is important for a career path in corporate.

In addition, GSB has a large number of alumni in professional industries: banking, consulting etc. You will benefit from those networks when you promote to a high level in a corporate.

[ 本帖最后由 qiqi1918 于 2008-4-27 13:41 编辑 ]

发表于 2008-4-28 09:58:36 |显示全部楼层
Thanks a lot for your answers qiqi!
Your answer is very informative and meaningful.

发表于 2008-5-18 20:35:14 |显示全部楼层

Life in Chicago

Hi Dick,

Thanks a lot to your kind sharing regarding Chicago GSB! Would you mind sharing a little bit more insights about life in Chicago other than the academic studies and gambling? Thanks!

发表于 2008-5-24 08:14:43 |显示全部楼层
Different people choose different life. So I just talk something about my life in Chicago.

In winter, I could do nothing outdoor but ski sometimes at Wisconsin, 2 hours away from Chicago. When the weather becomes warmer, I play some golf, tennis and plan to have a sail in Lake Michigan. And I often see some people do biking or jogging along the lakeshore. Last summer, we went to the lake beach and played volleyball there. I also went to watch a NBA and a baseballIn matche last year. In addition to sports, we have Gordon Gargoyle, which is like Oscar in Chicago and follies in spring. Quite amusing! I went to Langlang's piano concert a month ago. And last night, after a dinner at a Japanese restaurant, I went to the TNDC, or the drinking party every thursday night. I was surprised to see so many people hanging around. If you like drinking, you just cannot miss it.

Chicago is a great city and you can explore yourself.

[ 本帖最后由 qiqi1918 于 2008-5-24 08:20 编辑 ]

发表于 2008-5-26 22:17:35 |显示全部楼层
Chicago also has my favorate Oprah's show! I love Oprah!

发表于 2012-4-23 10:22:46 |显示全部楼层
:)
一念愚即般若绝,一念智即般若生

发表于 2012-4-23 10:22:54 |显示全部楼层
:) :)
一念愚即般若绝,一念智即般若生

发表于 2012-4-23 10:22:58 |显示全部楼层
:) :)
一念愚即般若绝,一念智即般若生
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 没有账号?

Archiver|手机版|BeBeyond:求职|留学|MBA

GMT+8, 2018-2-20 13:41 , Processed in 0.158503 second(s), 8 queries .