BeBeyond Forums

找回密码
 没有账号?
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
楼主: Wei

《BeBeyond Alumni友情在线问答》:Duke大学商学院 host by Richard [复制链接]

发表于 2007-12-10 00:41:47 |显示全部楼层
Thank you, Richard. Actually, the STAR model (Situation-Task-Action-Result) really works when I prepare for the interview, and I think it helps me to explain a scenario both clearly and concisely.
身未动 心已远

发表于 2007-12-11 11:56:15 |显示全部楼层
Hey, david, glad to hear that the template helps you guys to prepare the interview.  Wish you all good luck!

Another tip I want to reiterate is that do write thanks note to your interviewer after the interview, to appreciate their time and input, that's very important business etique, do remember!

Best luck!

发表于 2007-12-11 21:59:17 |显示全部楼层
Hi Richard,
This is Gloria. Sorry I'm 潜水 for so long and didn't talk with you in this post before. It seems you did very well there!
Recently I'm preparing for application in R2. Could you please share with me the resume template Duke prefers or you guys adopt in recuitmenting activities?
Thanks very much!
And we can build this dream together
Standing strong forever
Nothing's gonna stop us now

发表于 2007-12-12 03:33:59 |显示全部楼层
Hi, Gloria,

Long time no see, hope you are doing well recently.  You may also refer to Wei for Duke Resume template.

Have to fight for the final exam now, wish have time to share you guys some more about Duke later.

Best luck on your application!

发表于 2007-12-13 00:17:00 |显示全部楼层
Thank you Richard!
And we can build this dream together
Standing strong forever
Nothing's gonna stop us now

发表于 2007-12-13 11:01:09 |显示全部楼层
Hey, folks,

Some current Duke MBA students will go back to China during winter brea, they will hold informal information session-coffee chat, pls find the following two URLs to register for the coming event. But of course you will need to pay for coffee yourself, :)

Beijing

https://access.fuqua.duke.edu/pws/plcontroller?event=INFO_SESSION_DETAIL&id=5302

Shanghai

https://access.fuqua.duke.edu/pws/plcontroller?event=INFO_SESSION_DETAIL&id=5304

Hope this piece of information be helpful to you guys.

Best,

Richard

发表于 2007-12-20 23:51:33 |显示全部楼层
Hi Richard:

Nice to meet you here. Actually, I want to learn more about Duke and the life in Duke.  Would you please kindly talk about what is most special thing in Duke, for example the teaching style or the community? How does Duke differentiate from other B-school?  What is the best that Duke brings to you?

Thank you for your time! :)

发表于 2007-12-22 07:15:24 |显示全部楼层
Hi, Michaelle

Thanks for your interest in Duke!

Personally I believe Duke shares most merits that top b-schools have, such as rigorous training, international exposure, top-notch recruiting companies etc, and since I am only familiar with Duke rather than other schools, it's really hard for me to compare Duke with other b-schools.

Having said those, I still find one minor aspect that sets Duke apart from our major rivals.  Duke deploys the comprehensive philosophy in curriculum setting.  We have 4 terms throughout the year, 6 weeks for each term, so basically we can get touch with more subjects than peers.  You may argue that 6 weeks is really a short time to learn much about one course, but think another way, at least you put some effort to touch the previous unknown area. If you like it, you can find some more advanced course in future terms; if not, you can still learn some but get rid of the course just within 6 weeks.

For all other aspects, I still believe Duke shares similar features with peer schools.

Just my 2 cents, best luck on your application!

Richard

发表于 2007-12-22 20:03:04 |显示全部楼层
Richard, thank you very much!

发表于 2008-1-19 01:07:20 |显示全部楼层
Today is the R1 result release day at Duke.  I asked admission office to call those admits from China but at least didn't find any name that is familiar with me.  David, sorry for your result (if it is waitlist, you may still have chance to get off).

This year MBA application is really tough.  Last term I learned why the admission office admitted 8 auditors for our class of 2009 from China, it was just because that class of 2007 did a great job in internship haunting, especially in financial service industry, so the admission office was encouraged to recruit more accounting/finance guy for 2009, admission office would absolutely think about whether we can get a good job offer after graduation.

So dear bbyers, if you are still waiting, be patient.  And also it's not becuase you are not outstanding, you are not excellent.  Not your essay's fault, not bby's either.  I personally believe it's just becuase of downside of market which negatively influence the job market.   Let's all pray that next year the economy will turn better.

See the whole application process as a journey to discover the ture you, then you will be winner! Application is not about all your life, Best wishes to all your current job, life and family.

Richard
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 没有账号?

Archiver|手机版|BeBeyond:求职|留学|MBA

GMT+8, 2018-11-20 08:49 , Processed in 0.041268 second(s), 8 queries .