BeBeyond Forums

找回密码
 没有账号?
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
查看: 12719|回复: 18

《BeBeyond Alumni友情在线问答》:密支根大学商学院 host by James [复制链接]

发表于 2007-10-5 12:29:58 |显示全部楼层
Dear all, James asked me to help him post a message here. Due to his busy work, he is more willing to help those who are truely interested in Michigan. So, here you go:

This is James Shan, a BBY 2005 and Michigan 2007 Alumni. I am enthusiastic about mentoring MBA applicants. But I am a little selective about my Mentees. I would like to help most those who have done adequate homework to understand the school and place Ross as one of their top target schools. To make it even worse, I dislike writing.

I used to work for travel business, now start working for financial service industry as an internal consultant. Professional interested in following areas: customer experience management, cross-channel communication, cross-sell effectiveness, e-marketing, emotional branding, affluent market and entrepreneurship.

Thank you and Good luck.

Thanks, James!

发表于 2007-10-19 12:55:44 |显示全部楼层

RE: 《BeBeyond Alumni友情在线问答》:密支根大学商学院 host by James

Hi James,

I'm very interested in Ross MBA, especially the joint program with Tauber Institure. But I have some questions here,

1) is an engineering degree needed to apply?
2) if I applied to join Tauber Institute, does that mean I need to focus on operation/manufacturing/supply chain only?

If possible, could u give us some personal feelings or insights about this institute? Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,
David

发表于 2007-10-19 15:54:07 |显示全部楼层

I already got the answers on the website, so let's just talk about Ross and the Tauber Institute here:)

发表于 2007-10-22 17:12:00 |显示全部楼层

Hi those interested in Michigan,

Please find below the link to Michigan in our "BeBeyond B-school Highlights" series. It is a brief yet insightful introduction of the school and its charm.

Click to check out: Michigan highlights

发表于 2007-10-25 17:30:32 |显示全部楼层

Hi,
I want an information urgently for an applicant. Can you help to find out if there has been any precedent in your B-school to admit a person with only 专科 degree from a three years education?

发表于 2007-12-5 14:01:01 |显示全部楼层

About Tauber Institutes and Degree Requirement

Hi David and Other Ross Lover:

Sorry that I haven't replied to you questions in time. I have been working on a banking project and didn't come back to here frequently. Maybe you have already finished the first round application.

As for Tauber: as far as I know, no engineer degree is needed.  The life for Tauber Degree Students is much tougher than ordinary MBAs

The key benefit is the guaranteed internship. The downside of that is Tauber students don't have the chance the experience the challenge of seeking internships. Most of Tauber internships don't give return offers. They become less ready to fight for a full time job in the following fall.

As for the degree requirement, as far as I know, four year undergraduate degree is required:

http://www.bus.umich.edu/Admissi ... NonUSApplicants.htm

Information for Non-U.S. Applicants
All international applicants are required to hold a college or university undergraduate degree equivalent to a four-year American baccalaureate degree.  In light of the European Bologna Accord, the Ross School of Business will also accept all three-year international degrees from Europe as meeting this requirement.

Any additional question please let me know.

Have a nice holiday season.

James Shan @ Chicago

发表于 2007-12-15 23:43:31 |显示全部楼层

回复 6# 的帖子

The key benefit is the guaranteed internship. The downside of that is Tauber students don't have the chance the experience the challenge of seeking internships. Most of Tauber internships don't give return offers. They become less ready to fight for a full time job in the following fall.

It's really upset to hear this
身未动 心已远

发表于 2007-12-24 15:48:38 |显示全部楼层
Hi, James,

seems Michigan haven't started to send R1 interview invitations yet. Christmas is coming, and the adcoms must take leaves for a while. I dont know whether it is too many applicants in this year, so that the review takes too much time?

Merry X'mas and Happy new year!
身未动 心已远

发表于 2007-12-31 03:10:54 |显示全部楼层
To James:
Happy New year!

发表于 2007-12-31 03:43:08 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 david811 于 2007-12-24 15:48 发表
Hi, James,

seems Michigan haven't started to send R1 interview invitations yet. Christmas is coming, and the adcoms must take leaves for a while. I dont know whether it is too many applicants in th ...

Actually, Michigan has already sent some invitations out. Two friends of mine have been intervewed. But I guess the adcoms will send out more in the coming new year.  Good luck!

[ 本帖最后由 LuluWang 于 2007-12-31 04:00 编辑 ]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 没有账号?

Archiver|手机版|BeBeyond:求职|留学|MBA

GMT+8, 2018-7-17 17:50 , Processed in 0.091367 second(s), 10 queries .