BeBeyond Forums

找回密码
 没有账号?
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
查看: 12321|回复: 9

《BeBeyond Alumni友情在线问答》:斯坦福商学院 host by Judy & the folks [复制链接]

发表于 2007-10-8 13:31:43 |显示全部楼层
hi all. Several of us in Palo Alto are willing to answer some questions. Leave your questions here, we will get back to you soon.

发表于 2007-10-8 13:33:55 |显示全部楼层

RE: talk talk: voice from palo alto

Okay, dear Judy... this is way over casual to even let people know where or what this Palo Alto is.

Alright, Judy is a great lady from Stanford and I "forced" her to help answer questions about Stanford.

So, guys, raise your questions and thank Judy!

Jinbo

发表于 2007-10-8 15:38:08 |显示全部楼层

RE: talk talk: voice from palo alto

welcome, Stanford!

~and we want to see the picture of the lady!

发表于 2007-10-17 12:37:01 |显示全部楼层

RE: 《BeBeyond Alumni友情在线问答》:斯坦福商学院 host by Judy & the folks

1. A: Stanford initiated a new program this year, which results in the tight schedule for the first year students. Many new courses like leadership coaching have been added, and therefore more exams... so...
Most innovative change... is that first year students can choose their courses other than take the required "core coures".

2. A: Regarding 2nd round admission, I am not sure about the first year students, but according to my year, first round and second round is about half and half.

发表于 2007-10-17 12:49:10 |显示全部楼层

Judy, why did Stanford make such changes? Do you have some insiders' view to share? Every change must have its reason, either problems from within or outlook for the future. Is that because the study was a bit too loose compared to some other schools, or is that because students at Stanford somewhat complained about the poor teaching quality for the first year?

Or, this is a new idea for making Stanford MBA more suitable for future needs from business?

发表于 2007-10-18 12:28:29 |显示全部楼层

I too am a student at the Stanford GSB. I actually thought the workload manageable, but it does appear that I am in the minority. I don't have any particular insight into what brought about the curriculum change other than the official stance: new curriculum for a rapidly changing business environment and developing better future leaders.

发表于 2007-10-18 12:36:11 |显示全部楼层

Okay, cool, Feng!

发表于 2007-10-19 15:18:52 |显示全部楼层

What's behind? As far as I know, they hope to improve the "leadership" and increase "global experience", etc. for gsb students. Seems more leadership coaching courses from the very beginning.

Regarding the workload, I think it's all about how you weight grades yourself. Actually according to an interview with Sharon Hoffman, director of the MBA program, second year students always think the first year students work harder than them. 07 said the same thing to us (08).

So, it's not necessary to be really harder this year based on my understanding. Our experience for the first half quarter is also very unpleasant, due to the pressure under new environment. In my mind, this might be one of the main reasons for first years' complaints.

freemanding 该用户已被删除
发表于 2007-12-25 16:49:21 |显示全部楼层
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽

发表于 2018-3-12 06:49:57 |显示全部楼层
曾经被删的一个帖子,copy paste一下。

judyzhu and hefeng,

Stanford Essay B question " What are your career aspirations? How will your education at Stanford help you achieve them? " is a variation of a standard MBA career goals question and is the same as last year's question.

However, this year the paragraph following is new and reflects Stanford's new curriculum:

As a Stanford MBA student, you will be assigned a team of advisors who will guide both your academic experience and your personal development. Your team will include a faculty advisor, a career counselor, and a leadership coach.
      Use Essay B to help you prepare for your first conversations with these mentors.

Give that the fact Stanford has just overhauled its curriculum, I think to better answer Essay B, the applicant should pay close attention to the roles of the faculty advisor, career counselor, and leadership coach referred to above, and reflect his own understanding of their roles and Stanford's curriculum, and how them together will help to achieve the career goals.

So, could you help to comment on Stanford's new curriculum, and the roles of the faculty advisor, career counselor, and leadership coach ?

Many thanks in advance! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 没有账号?

Archiver|手机版|BeBeyond:求职|留学|MBA

GMT+8, 2018-9-21 00:07 , Processed in 0.121131 second(s), 10 queries .