找回密码
 没有账号?
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
查看: 20847|回复: 28

《BeBeyond Alumni友情在线问答》:Babson College MBA host by Linda [复制链接]

发表于 2007-10-21 12:34:34 |显示全部楼层
Dear all,

Many of you must have met Linda while she was still in Shanghai, and were very touched and impressed by her MBA route. I have personally known her for many years and she is a great woman!

She is one of our former teammates and now studying at Babson College. She is willing to help our current teammates with questions related to Babson MBA.

So, I suggest that Linda help answer questions about Babson here at the forum. For the general questions, she will answer here, and for the private questions, especially for those who are applying to Babson, Linda can give additional help either though phone or email or through us. So, let's filter out the general questions here first at the forum.

You can get her email address or even phone number later from JuanJuan, Wei, and/or me.

Thanks to Linda!

So, guys, just ask your questions about Babson by replying to this message.

Jinbo

发表于 2007-10-31 19:50:02 |显示全部楼层

RE: 《BeBeyond Alumni友情在线问答》:Babson College MBA host by Linda

Hi Linda

I am Lin

Could you introduce something about the Babson Buffoonery Night?
It seems that it is the pride of Babson

发表于 2007-11-3 03:49:43 |显示全部楼层

Sorry for late answer, I just came back from 30 hours group test for strategy and law. Exhausted.

As a first year student, we still have no chance to see the Babson Buffoonery Night. I will ask some second year students to know more about it. In fact, there are so many different events, activities, parties and seminars here in Babson. And also because the location is very close to Boston, we have great chance to hear from some CEOs and enjoy lives here. I always need to make a choice among those events. If you go to babson, you will not feel surprise that a student will give you so many surprise even after class. Welcome any question if you are interested in Babson.

发表于 2007-11-3 10:22:14 |显示全部楼层

Many thanks, Linda!

30 hours! Wow, it was so long.
About law? You have to study law? American law or international law? in business field?

In last Shanghai MBA Tour, there is no Babson alumni coming.
So, I want to know that whether the Babson network in China is not strong. It looks not good for Chinese graduates to startup. Am I right?

Thanks again.
Take care!

发表于 2007-11-3 23:45:39 |显示全部楼层

Our  test is quite useful, even in the test, i can learn a lot of things. In accouting test, we need to analyze FEDEX. How is its long term debt, how is cash flow and so on.

In stratedgy test we will deep analyze three biggest player, FEDEX UPS ans Airborne. How the industry evolved to now and what will be the next step for Airborne to compete with others in 1997.

In law, If FEDEX setup a price war, whether it violate the law. If Airborne copy or mimic the tracking system of FEDEX, or hire employee from FEDEX, any law issue?

Even from the test, we can get a big picture. And put it into real use. BTW, many of our course is joint course: it related with each other. For law, we focused on business law: to be an entreprenure, we need to know how to deal with law, the most money consuming issue in USA. Mainly the law is about in USA, but we will know in differnet place, EG, europe and Asia.

Babson alumni is not so strong as other schools in China, but will stronger in years: every year, we have 150 students from 30-40 courties. From 2004 to 2007, the Number of Chinese students is about 1, 4, 8, 7 and I belive it will have more student. In future, some of them might come back home courtry. That is one reason that very few of Alumni there.

BTW, the quality is more important than quantity. Students here are extremely helpful. We focused on supporting with each other rather than competing with each other. School and classmates will also provide life long support. One of very successful alumni of class 75 come to visit us and encourage all our Chinese students, even we do not know him before.

If you really have some ideas for startup, you have many free resource you can use in Babson. It even provides you office and all related resource for your projects. Neverless to say, VC, clubs, many startup related events and classmates from family business. They also have valuable experience.

发表于 2007-11-4 09:13:25 |显示全部楼层

Cool!
I totally felt your words "the quality is more important than quantity".
You have fullly shown it in your reply.

1 During your study in Babson, could you tell me what the Babson actually done to keep No.1 in the entrepreneur field? in the curriculum, Inten, Club, alumni or other resource.

2 Has each student in Babson really felt the strength in entrepreneurship?

3 Will most of students start up their business after the graduation, or work in other field?

4 It seemed that Babson has increased her enrolment in China. Why?
This action is based on the excellent performance of Chinese students or Babson has found the great Chinese market?

5 BTW, Is "Airborne" = DHL?

Oh, I have so many questions.
Wish not bother you too much.

Sincere thanks!

发表于 2007-11-9 01:48:16 |显示全部楼层

Dear Babsoners,

Thank you so much for taking time to answer our questions.

I found Babson's essays are different from "normal"ones,  e.g Essay 2. "Identify a current business trend and predict its impact 10 years from now. How will the results of this trend impact your ability to attain your goals as described in essay number one? " Do you have any tips for this question?

Also, there's an optional essay for the application of  Frederic C. Hamilton Entrepreneurial Scholarship (a merit-based award) and Price-Babson Fellowship (a need-based award). Are these the scholarships Chinese MBA students usually get? This essay asks about applicants' specific entrepreneurial accomplishments. I think entrepreneurial accomplishments do not just refer to start up a company, but can also be some innovative things, is that right?

发表于 2007-11-11 00:09:19 |显示全部楼层

Sunlin:

Sorry for late.
You raised very good questions and make me review my path to Babson and in Babson.  And also it takes me a long time to think about it.

Answer to Q1:
Most of curriculum, club and daily topic will be focused on entrepreneurship. Think about it, if every day, many questions and topics will be related with entrepreneurship, what will be the influence in your thought or in your life. Thinking as an entrepreneur, whenever you are in class, in case study or in daily chatting, I feel Babson grow a seed of entrepreneurship in my mind which will benefit all my life.

2. I have no final say for this question. At least, innovation is the core.

3. Some of students even begin startup in school; some go back to family business and some go to big company. I have no data to show you. Everyone has its own choice. Some even start business even after 20 years of graduation. Because you never know when the seed of entrepreneurship will be become a big tree or when you can catch an opportunity, but you will always keep it in mind.

4. I am not the right personal to answer this question. As a student, I cannot make this judgment. But for sure, no any business school, in USA, Europe or anywhere do not want Chinese market.

5. Airborne was acquired by DHL

Good question, you did a good homework.

发表于 2007-11-11 00:14:44 |显示全部楼层

Lulu Wang:

Choose the industry you interested not you worked, do some deep analyze and then you will find out its trend. But please related with your quality and your personal. Ask you whether you will stick in this industry how you will reach it step by step.

Anything you think innovative, creative, suffering, happy or bitter can be entrepreneurial accomplishment. There is no boundary for an entrepreneur to do anything, to think of anything or act anything. Write what you feel most valuable story or whatever you think is worth to demonstrate.

发表于 2007-11-11 23:25:12 |显示全部楼层

Linda
Never mind replying late.
After all, I have got your concise and convincing answers.

Actually, I will apply Babson.
About the essay, I had the same questions as LuluWang's.
Luckily, I found some suggestions in your reply.

Thanks for your encouragment, then I should work harder to find some new "good " questions to discuss with you.:)

Best wishes for you!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 没有账号?

Archiver|手机版|BeBeyond:求职|留学|MBA

GMT+8, 2018-9-21 00:42 , Processed in 0.092636 second(s), 10 queries .