没有账号?
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
查看: 11570|回复: 16

《BeBeyond Alumni友情在线问答》:香港科技大学(HKUST)商学院Hosted by Sandy [复制链接]

发表于 2008-1-13 10:50:16 |显示全部楼层
Dear all,

Thank you for your interest in HKUST.

This is Sandy from Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. I am also the former team member of Bebeyond MBA application workshop and now a first year full-time MBA student in HKUST.  I would like to take some questions here about HKUST MBA application.

I know how stressful you are now in this application season. I will try my best to help you find out the right choice for you.

Good luck with your application!

Sandy

发表于 2008-1-14 14:17:46 |显示全部楼层

general information of UST

Dear Sandy,
I would like to know some general entrance requirements/information of UST, such as GMAT score,  TOFEL score,  tuition, scholarship...

Thanks for your kindest help in advance!

Shi

[ 本帖最后由 shi 于 2008-1-14 14:20 编辑 ]

发表于 2008-1-14 14:28:45 |显示全部楼层
Sandy,
Thank you for your post. A friend of mine is very interested and wants to know about its international exchange programs there. Can you share some information on this? Thanks!

James

发表于 2008-1-14 17:29:44 |显示全部楼层
Dear Shi,

UST MBA program does need GMAT and TOEFL score,  but I think UST does not have minimum GMAT and TOEFL score requirement.

The tuition fee for the 2008 intake is HK$320,000. The program has two models you can choose, 12 month and 16 month. If you choose 16 month program, you can go to exchange to US, Europe and of course Asia. For more detales, you can refer to the official website:

http://mba.ust.hk/ftmba/index.htm

Thanks for your question.

Sandy

发表于 2008-1-14 17:37:37 |显示全部楼层
Dear James,

I don't know whether you are the James I know in Beijing. Anyway, thank you for your question.

We haven't strarted our exchange program now. The scheduled time is 2008 fall. We can get the opportunity if we would like to exchange. We have 51 schools around 15 countries to choose, including Chicago, Kellogg, Columbia, NYU, Berkeley, UCLA such US leading schools. For more details, you can refer to the linkage:
http://mba.ust.hk/ftmba/prog/exchange.html

Hope the infomation helpful.

Sandy

发表于 2008-1-15 12:35:56 |显示全部楼层
Great thanks for the info. Yeah the same James you know...

发表于 2008-2-17 22:04:47 |显示全部楼层
Dear Sandy,

Thank you for your help here!

Regarding to the exchange program, I have one more question: how does UST decide who can go to one of those top universities if there are several candidates for same one? By prior accademic performance? Another essay? Or anything else? Thanks a lot!!:)
我只想要往前飞 能飞多远也无所谓
我讨厌在这里徘徊 我厌倦我流眼泪和后悔的滋味

发表于 2008-2-20 21:30:35 |显示全部楼层
Thank you Emmasun for your questions.

MBA office will assess your performance normally on 35% GPA of the
first four months study here and 65% of your soft skills. We do need to
submit a one page essay to express why you want to apply your first choice
school. Only two or three schools are very competitive, such as Kellogg,
Columbia and LBS. Normally we can get in the schools we applied, because
we have enough spaces. For example, we have 11 quota this year from NYU,
but only ten of us listed it as our first choices.

I hope I answered your question. Anything still unclear, please let me know.

发表于 2008-2-20 21:53:35 |显示全部楼层
Thank you very much, Sandy. It is very clear and helpful!
我只想要往前飞 能飞多远也无所谓
我讨厌在这里徘徊 我厌倦我流眼泪和后悔的滋味

发表于 2008-2-21 20:14:46 |显示全部楼层
Hi Sandy, I tried my best to apply for the HKUST Business shool three years ago, but i failed. I am now in Shanghai University, wanna work for 2-3 yrs after graduation and then apply for HKUST MBA once again. But i dont know whether i would be refused because of Shanghai University. (i got a GPA around 3.5 with bussiness background) if so, how can i make efforts?  Thank you.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 没有账号?

Archiver|手机版|BeBeyond:求职|留学|MBA

GMT+8, 2018-9-21 00:06 , Processed in 0.088475 second(s), 10 queries .